Tech Lead (Full Stack) - US, Canada
Join the Warecorp development team! Warecorp has been named in the Inc 5000 fastest growing small businesses for the 2nd year in a row. We're adding team members to both our North American team as well as our European team. This position is for a machine learning engineer familiar with text mining, text classification, and deep learning theory from a development and implementation perspective. This is a full-time or contract position.
We are seeking a dynamic and seasoned Technical Lead to join our consulting team in a hands-on role. This individual will not only possess a deep technical understanding across a broad spectrum of technologies but will also act as a beacon of guidance, setting direction and mentoring developers, all while playing a key role in project and client management.
We have a flexible work environment that offers remote work, great benefits, and competitive pay.
- Design, develop, and deliver solutions across our technology stack which includes Php/Laravel, GraphQL, React, Solr, MySQL, AWS, Nutch/Java, and some Python.
- Constantly refactor and improve code for optimal performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Review and ensure the quality of code developed by the team.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in the technology landscape to ensure the team is always leveraging the best tools and methodologies.
Leadership & Mentoring:
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the development team, promoting skill growth and ensuring best practices are followed.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing sessions and code reviews, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Play a pivotal role in project planning, requirement analysis, and timely delivery.
- Ensure the smooth execution of projects, identifying potential risks and devising mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that project specifications are met.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs and ensuring that our solutions align with their business objectives.
- Represent the technical team in client meetings, ensuring that their feedback is captured accurately and implemented effectively.
- Communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to clients.
- Work closely with other departments and roles, ensuring that the technical team is aligned with the overall business strategy and objectives.
- Provide insights and feedback to top management, helping shape the strategic direction of our technology efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on full-stack development experience.
- Proven experience in Php/Laravel, GraphQL, React, Solr, MySQL, AWS, Nutch/Java, and Python.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- Proven experience in leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to think critically and systematically.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities with a detail-oriented mindset.
Nice to have
What's great at Warecorp?
- Founded in 2004 with both loyal long-term and start-up partners
- Recognized as an Inc 5000 fastest growing small business for 2nd year in a row
- Experienced team of 80+ members to both learn from and mentor
- Partnering with enterprise R&D groups, startups, and venture capital firms
- Wide range of technologies across industries to build up skills based on interest
- Small company culture of getting work done versus heavy process and meetings
What We Offer
Join the growing Warecorp team to make a real contribution to the success of the company and advance your career. We partner with leading companies to solve their hardest problems and you get to be part of their success as well. To make sure you love that process, we've created a unique working environment.
Work from home or be a digital nomad. We've been fully remote since our founding. Co-working space available in select locations.
Premium healthcare and dental plans fully paid by Warecorp. Internet and cell phone stipends and high-end technology provided as needed. Our developers get great tools.
Up to 4 weeks paid vacation (more if local laws dictate)
Unlimited PTO, as long as projects fulfilled
Bi-weekly capacity planning routine ensures we are not overloading your schedule and ensures that our projects are properly staffed.
Warecorp is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status